Sherbrooke and Eastern
Type of Organization
Science & Technology Platform
Field of Activity
The Montreal Heart Institute (MHI) was founded in 1954 by Dr. Paul David. For 45 years, he was the heart and soul of the Institute, to which he had conferred a profoundly humanistic character from its very beginnings. Upon his death in 1999, Dr. David left his successors a priceless legacy.
The Montreal Heart Institute is a hospital highly specialized in cardiology, devoted to patient care, research, teaching, prevention, rehabilitation, and the evaluation of new technologies in cardiology.
The Institute's values are based on:
* respecting the quality of life of its patients and their family
* developing human resources
* seeking excellence and innovation
* protecting public health
* being open to the community and the health network
* following rigorous management practices
* embracing an ethic based on transparency
* obtaining informed consent from its patients