Sherbrooke and Eastern
Type of Organization
Valeo Management L.P. began its operations in 2000 upon receiving start-up funding from its primary funding partner, Valorisation-Recherche QuÃ©bec (VRQ), and its limited partners.
Valeo Management L.P. has a mandate to enhance the commercial exploitation potential of university research results.
More specifically, its mandate contains the following activities:
* Uncover promising innovations
* Evaluate their technical and commercial potential
* Protect intellectual property
* Develop a plan to commercialize innovation
* Negotiate and grant operating licences
* Create spin-off companies and provide guidance in the early stages
* Invest in commercial maturation technology
* Manage the investment portfolios, patents, licences and participation in spin-off companies